We asked a panel of experts whether the work-from-home era is over
Recently, Amazon made headlines after ramping up efforts to enforce its hybrid working policy. Zoom made similar headlines after ironically directing its workforce to return to the office.
We asked a panel of experts whether the work-from-home era is over. Here’s what they had to say…
Zain Ali, Co-Founder and CEO of Centuro Global
”Ultimately, some employees prefer working remotely, whilst others prefer working from an office. Some employers want employees back, and others are happy for employees to work remotely. There is no one-size-fits-all approach.
“We hear about many companies bringing their workers back to the office full time, but there are still many big and small companies operating fully remotely or on a hybrid model.
“I don’t think it’s as black and white as a bubble bursting but more of a split in how businesses choose to operate, and individuals can then choose what works best for them when looking for a new employer.
”Remote work is simply a lifestyle choice. At the end of the day, Zoom is a business, and the company will have evaluated what it thinks is best for it to run most effectively.
As an employer, you want happy employees doing their best work. Some people are happier working remotely, and that has to be considered. On the flip side, you need to manage company culture. Teamwork is often an essential component of great work. Younger employees need to learn from more experienced employees. Brainstorming in person can result in better output.”
Our Panel of Experts
- Finn Bartram, HR Expert at People Managing People
- Jeanette Wheeler, CHRO at MHR
- Zain Ali, Co-Founder and CEO of Centuro Global
- Jordan Lawson, Managing Director at The UK Careers Fair
- Rich Mehta, Founder at Rigorous Digital
- Aquayemi-Claude G. Akinsanya, Activist and Campaigner
- Caitlin Duffy, Director in the Gartner HR practice
- Jennifer Ritz, Senior Manager at Timely
- Samantha Lancashire, Productivity Coach
- Kate Kurdziej, Founder at Olivier Consultancy
- Linda Morey-Burrows, Founder and Principal Director at MoreySmith
- Gosia Adamczyk, Director of HR at Verve Group
- Karine Laudort, Founder and Managing Director at Kay Flawless
- Molly Johnson-Jones, CEO and Co-Founder at Flexa
- Melissa Gauge, Founder at SpareMyTime
- Damian Hanson, Co-Founder & Director at CircleLoop
- Eva Vonk, CEO at TALES
- Ashley Rudd, Director at MODA PR
- Michael Kovacs, Founding Partner of Castleforge
- Ruben Vermaak, Global Director of People and Talent at Bynder
- Verity Batchelder, Co-Founder at Good Life Sorted
- Amit Raj, CEO and Founder at TheLinksGuy
- Jake Munday, CEO and Co-Founder at Custom Neon
- Kristen Tronsky, Chief People Officer at DoiT
- Kathleen Hartigan, VP at Clari
- Hanna Asmussen, Co-Founder & CEO at Localyze
- Paul Mundy, Business Development Manager at Spica Technologies
- Lewis-Beck, Head of Workplace, Europe at CBRE
- Vibushan Thirukumar, CEO and co-founder at Oru Space
- Dean Sadler, CEO at Tribepad