In-Person Events Are Back!
The only thing better than attending events? Experiencing it with your team. There is simply too much happening at any given time for one person alone to see and do — the more reason to attend with your team. Autumn is particularly busy in the event world but as we counted, between the team, we attended four events, all quite distinct from each other.
Here is what we picked up, wearing versatile hats as delegates, exhibitors, and tech lovers.
On The Future of Tech and Powerful Inspirational Stories: Web Summit 2022
Web Summit 2022 brought together more than 70,000 people – attendees, startups, speakers, media, investors, and everyone interested in tech. At this year’s Web Summit, there were 26 content tracks and 17 stages where every tech topic you can think of was discussed.
Here are some Key takeaways from the Centuro team who attended:
- Most companies are on an international expansion journey. Ranging from startups looking to hire remote workers, to larger companies with investment or large organic growth expanding to access new markets and clients from around the world.
- The war for talent is real! A lot of companies are trying to solve this problem by offering more outsourced solutions. Or fit for purpose, integrated SaaS solutions.
- Global payment providers are on the rise.
- Governments are actively trying to attract growing start-ups to their country, through scale-up programs. The top ones are Hong Kong, the UK, Lithuania, Poland, Austria, and the USA.
Staying Ahead of Changes in Global Mobility: Worldwide ERC
The 2022 Worldwide ERC® Global Workforce Symposium’s atmosphere reflected both the reinvigorated aspirations that the industry was waiting for after 3 years since the last event. Emily Stewart reports on how the Worldwide ERC’s global summit series stays ahead of changes in global mobility.
- In the sustainability forum, there was a lot of positivity around ESG changes in mobility. Whilst most of the conversation was dominated by the household goods shipping sector, opportunities for creative, sustainable solutions remain for the other global mobility provisions in the policy suite.
- Will the Metaverse remove the need for Global Mobility in the future? The sentiment around the room was that in-person people mobility will continue to exist, as individuals still want the experience of living in new environments and cultures. However, developments in the Metaverse may be used to enhance and improve some of the more emotionally challenging aspects of global mobility.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are (unsurprisingly) experienced differently by different organizations. However, the resounding sentiment was that to date global mobility teams have been reactive in addressing DE&I needs to support individuals and their families when relocating. With many companies reviewing their policies, adapting their tone, and considering associated DE&I support needs from single requests, the hope is that going forward the GM function will become a proactive, strategic partner.
Reconnecting with The International Legal Community: IBA Annual Conference 2022
The International Bar Association (IBA) Annual Conference is the leading conference for legal professionals worldwide to meet, share knowledge, build contacts and develop business. It serves to advance the development of international law and its role in business and society to provide members with world-class professional development opportunities to enable them to deliver outstanding legal services. While the Covid-19 pandemic led to predictions of a permanent decline in business travel, the queues of delegates lining up to enter the vast Miami Beach Convention Centre suggested international lawyers are more than happy to be back on the in-person conference circuit after a two-year break.
Our CEO, Zain Ali, had the opportunity to meet and network in person with several legal members of the Centuro Global network as well as meet many new faces, alongside attending various sessions at the conference. With around 6,000 people attending from around the globe, the conference and associated networking events provided a valuable opportunity to connect and re-connect with people, give insights into the global legal landscape and the opportunities it presents for an international market, as well as exchange knowledge and trends from many jurisdictions, both new and well-known.
Un Reunion de Global HR Leaders: Unleash Paris 2022
Finally, our Head of Global Alliances, Simon Ward, and Zain attended the world’s largest HR Tech conference, Unleash, in Paris. Bringing together global HR leaders, this was a showcase of the next wave of breakthrough technologies and global innovators changing the future of work. The team managed to connect with a number of our existing partners and clients as well as meet some great new innovators to add to the ever-growing Centuro Global community!
And that sums up the events we attended. While we won’t have weeks where we attend four events, we will be out and about in the coming weeks and months so be on the lookout for team Centuro Global. We also have our own events including the Centuro Global Expansion Conference 2023.
Register today with your team and build lasting relationships with professionals in the global expansion community. Gain access to exclusive networking sessions, INT-X Awards ceremony, masterclasses, and much more. Click HERE for more information and to grab your tickets now!